- our website
- social media
- our emails to you
- your visit to Heartfelt Vintage
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us by phone, SMS, email, in letters and other written correspondence, and in person.
So that you can make bookings with us we need to collect information about you. This Privacy and Cookies Policy explains the following:
- what information Heartfelt Vintage may collect about you;
- how Heartfelt Vintage will use information we collect about you;
- when Heartfelt Vintage uses your details to contact you;
- when Heartfelt Vintage will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices and rights regarding the personal information you provide to us;
Heartfelt Vintage is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. No website can be completely secure; if you have any concerns that your information could have been compromised please get in touch straight away by contacting us.
Who we are
We are Heartfelt Vintage Ltd, a company limited by guarantee in England & Wales, No. 9040951. We aim to be entirely upfront and open about the customer data that we use. Collecting this data makes it easy for you to make a booking with us, keep up to date with our activities, and engage with us in other ways like our social media channels. We do not obtain any personal data that we think would be likely to cause individuals to object to or complain about. We are a very small organisation and in reality we store very little data. Any data we do store is used for purposes that directly relates to our core business.
What we collect and store
- Email Address
- Phone Numbers and Mobile Number
- Dietary Requirements
- Access requirements
- Wedding date
- Publicly Accessible Profile Information from the internet including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Images of you when you participate in one of events or parties
- Images that you have sent to us
This information is accessed via our e-mails and social media and is stored via our cloud storage system which can only be accessed by two people. Our e-mails and cloud storage are encrypted and require two factor or authentication. The passwords on our electronic devices are changed every three months. We take every measure to ensure that devices are not left unattended or in a vulnerable position at any time. We do not keep paper copies of anything.
What we use your data for
We use your data for these specific purposes, unless you ask us not to:
- To enable us to contact you to provide important information or ask you for information in advance of your booked event, such as details of the location of the event or dietary requirements
- To enable us to email you after your booking in order to ask you to write a review for us or to ask for pictures
- To enable us to contact you about similar products and services at Heartfelt Vintage
- To enable us to email you with our upcoming products and services at Heartfelt Vintage, providing we have your consent to do so
- To enable us to call you with details of how you can support us, or of specific offers or events that may be of interest
- To enable us to text you to confirm your booking, to let you know of a change to your booking or to let you know that your item is ready for collection
- To share your personal information with our affiliate suppliers if you have provided your consent
- To allow you to enquire about our services; book your event, and keep in touch with you about all the necessary arrangements before and after the event date
- To evaluate the services and events we provide, in order to improve them for the future
- To identify recurring visitors and to analyse their browsing habits within the website (Cookies)
- On occasion, for promoting our products and services or for archival or reference purposes, by the use of photographs and videos taken of our customers
- To help us investigate complaints, legal claims or important incidents
How we collect and use this information
Heartfelt Vintage Ltd is the data controller for all the data we store.
- We use our website to sign you up to our E-Newsletter database. Our website is provided by Wix
- We use our website to receive enquiries regarding afternoon tea, party and bridal bookings
- We use IZettle to take payments in person and remotely
- We use Wix to send Newsletters
- We use Gmail to send and receive e-mails
The legal basis on which we use this information
There are three legal bases under which we may process your data.
When you make a purchase from us you are entering into a contract with us. In order to perform this contract we need to process and store your data.
- To confirm your booking by way of a confirmation email
- To enable us to contact you to provide important information in advance of your booking
- To enable you to book and pay for our products or services in person or electronically
When appropriate, we will ask you for your explicit consent before using your personal information in that specific situation. We will update your consent periodically. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
Legitimate Business Interests
We collect and process your personal information for purposes that are in our legitimate organisational interests. We do this carefully, and in a way that we believe there is no overriding prejudice to you by using your personal information in this way. You have the right to object, amongst other rights explained later in this document.
- To enable us to contact you about similar products and services available at Heartfelt Vintage Ltd
- To enable us to email you after your booking to ask you to write us a review to evaluate the services we provide
- To enable us to call you with details of specific offers or events that may be of interest, providing you are not registered on the Telephone Preference Service (TPS).
- To enable us to text you to let you know about forthcoming events
- To allow you to enquire about our products and services; make a booking, and keep in touch with you about all the necessary arrangements before and after the event date
- To analyse the way in which our website is used and the content and links that you interact with, in order to improve our website services
- To analyse the way in which our emails to you are received by you, and the content and links that you interact with, in order to improve our communications with you
- To analyse the data we hold about you to ensure that the content and timing of our communications to you are as relevant as possible
- To promote our products and services by the use of photographs and videos taken of our customers.
Web browser cookies
- You may delete Cookies, however you may lose any information that enables you to access the website more quickly.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your web browser. By default, your browser will accept Cookies, however this can be altered.
- For further details please consult the help menu in your browser. Disabling Cookies may prevent you from using the full range of services available on the website.
Collecting this information
Whilst the majority of the personal information you provide to us is mandatory, some of it is provided to us on a voluntary basis, and we will make this clear to you when we collect the data from you by marking the ‘Required’ fields. Anything that does not say ‘Required’ next to it is voluntary.
Not providing information
You can access our website without providing any data at all. However, if you would like to contact us via our contact form on the website you may be required to submit customer information or other data. You do not have to provide us with all the information we may ask you for. It is up to you. Any information that we ask for other than those listed below is entirely voluntary. Not providing any of the voluntary information will not preclude you from any of the products or services we offer or effect you in any other way.
In order to sign up to our eNewsletter, we only require:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
In order to submit a booking enquiry, we only require:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
If you do not wish to fill in our contact form you can e-mail us instead on firstname.lastname@example.org and the you can choose which information you give us.
We will only retain information for as long as necessary. Records are maintained in line with our retention schedule which determines the length of time records should be kept. We are bound by law to retain certain financial records, and these circumstances override our other retention periods.
We will ask you to check and update your contact preferences periodically so that we know our database is up to date. You can withdraw your consent, or make changes to your contact preferences at any time.
- We retain personal data for our products and services for 5 years.
- We retain Promotional images and videos for 5 years.
- We retain any complaints, queries or written communications with you for 5 years.
- Google Analytics retains some data that can identify you as a returning user to the site. This data is purged after a maximum of 26 months after your last visit.
When personal data is no longer required by the organisation, it is deleted or securely destroyed.
You have the right to request we remove the information we store about you. Please contact us, and we will be happy to arrange this for you if you want us to. Any objections you make to any processing of your data will be stored against a record on our system so that we can comply with your request.
Who we share personal information with and how this will affect you
We do not sell any of your information for the purposes of marketing. We do not share your personal information with third parties, unless you have given us specific consent to do so. However, we do employ the services of other party’s software and services in order to collect and store your personal information. The providers of such services may have access to certain personal data provided by you. Any data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that Heartfelt Vintage requests. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited within a data sharing agreement between us and the provider. Furthermore, any data that is processed by third parties must be processed within the terms of this policy and in accordance with the United Kingdom Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
You have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress;
- object to the processing of your data where Heartfelt Vintage is relying on its legitimate interest as the legal grounds for processing;
- prevent processing of your personal data;
- port your data using an open format document, like a .csv Excel document;
- object to decisions being taken by automated means;
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations.
The best person to contact regarding data protection at Heartfelt Vintage is Kate Ashwell, Owner | Email: [email protected] | Address: Heartfelt Vintage, 32 Alma Vale Rd, Bristol, BS8 2HY | Tel: 0117 904 2898
Right to lodge a complaint
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we request that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at ico.org.uk/concerns.
How to access your personal information (subject access)
You have the right to see the information that Heartfelt Vintage Ltd holds about you, and why we hold it. You also have the right to rectify any inaccurate information we hold about you. Requests must be made in writing (not verbally). You will need to provide:
- Full name, address, email address, phone number so that your identity can be verified against our records and your information located
- An indication of what information you are requesting to enable us to locate this in an efficient manner
A request for information must be made with the appropriate person: Kate Ashwell, Owner | Email: [email protected] | Address: Heartfelt Vintage, 32 Alma Vale Rd, Bristol, BS8 2HY | Tel: 0117 904 2898
There is no fee for Subject Access Requests. Heartfelt Vintage reserves the right in certain situations to refuse the request, otherwise we will comply within one calendar month.
The request’s response will cover the following detail:
- Any personal data that is being processed
- A description of the personal data, the reasons it is being processed, and whether it will be given to any other organisations or people
- A copy of the information comprising the data; and details of the source of the data
This document was last reviewed May 2018 by: Kate Ashwell, Owner