Wedding Dresses Terms and Conditions of Sale
Thank you for visiting Ashwell & Co. We hope that you are delighted with your wedding purchases. Please see our terms and conditions of sale below.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.
● Due to the nature of purchasing a unique, vintage wedding dress all payments are non-refundable under any circumstances.
● For dresses under £500 we ask for full payment at the time of purchase.
● If your dress is over £500 we offer payment in two parts to help spread the cost. On the day of the purchase we ask for 70% of the purchase price to secure the dress. The final 30% payment is due before your first fitting. Once the first payment has been made you are committed to paying the balance owed even if you have a change in circumstance.
● In the event that your dress requires no alterations, full payment is required up front before the dress is removed from the shop.
● If you change your mind about your wedding dress or find that your circumstances change (i.e pregnancy) we do not offer refunds but we are happy to offer alteration suggestions or an exchange.
● In the event that you choose to exchange your dress we cannot provide a refund on the original dress if you choose a cheaper gown.
● If you cannot find another gown you like you must still pay for your wedding dress in full.
● If you would like to exchange your gown you will need to book and pay for an additional bridal appointment.
● We endeavour to make sure our gowns are in the best possible condition for purchase, however, due to the nature of vintage wedding dresses any gowns purchased from us are bought ‘as seen’. We cannot provide refunds on the basis of flaws that have been noticed after the purchase.
● We will not be held responsible for any damages incurred after the sale of the item.
● If there are any repairs that need doing or stains that need removing before you collect the dress we will do this free of charge. If we are unable to repair or remove a stain we will make you aware of this during the appointment.
● We endeavour to make sure our dresses are in a good, clean state at the time of purchase. All our dresses go through a cleaning process before they are put on sale. If you would like us to dry clean your dress before you collect it
there is an additional charge of £50.00
● Our bridal consultant can advise as to whether a dress can be altered. Please note, you are purchasing a vintage wedding dress and therefore compromises may have to be made to achieve the alterations you are looking for.
● Alteration costs are not included in the cost of your wedding dress purchase.
● Please note that any alteration quotes given during your appointment are estimates only.
● Alterations are a separate agreement between yourself and our recommended seamstress and fees must be paid directly to her.
● Ashwell & Co are not responsible for their workmanship, alterations made or